Spinning RA Marchetti

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Eagle

Spinning RA Marchetti

Post by Eagle » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:50 pm

One of the planes that benefits the most by FS Force in my opinion is the Realair SIAI Marchetti . The plane has a very "live" feeling, and now with proper forces has become even better!

But it wan't spin anymore, probably because of the FS Force influences on trim. Have anyone managed to spin the Marchetti with FS Force? In that case tips are highly appreciated!

(MS FF2)

Best,
Eagle

hm

Post by hm » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:19 am

Hi Eagle,

The SF260 spins with FS-FORCE on: Trottele closed, Full up, Full rudder right or left, no ailerons, and she spins. Well Now I love my SF260 even more. Russel did a nice job isn't :D .

hm
Programmers don't die; they do a "GOSUB" with no "RETURN"

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:39 am

Remember that FS Force relays your trim commands to the old MSFS trim system when you're on the ground, but as soon as you lift off, that stops which means the MSFS trim system will be in the take-off position for the duration of the flight. For most flight operations this will be of no consequence, but for something as delicate as a spin, it may be what is causing your problem. You can fix it though, by using your keyboard trim commands (which are still connected to the old MSFS trim system, if you followed the suggestions in the readme) to position the MSFS trim system to approximately where it would have been if you weren't using FS Force. That may make it easier to spin.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Eagle

Post by Eagle » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:43 am

Thanks a lot guys, as you can see, I'm back in business!

Don't know what did the trick, but your advices sure did help a lot. This is what I did.

Fuel: 15% in extra and 50% in mains
Istructor: On vacation
Trim FS9 (keyboard): Slightly above neutral
Trim FS Force (joystick): 0

Voila!

Best,
Eagle